Simply put, self esteem is confidence in one’s own worth or abilities; self respect. Self esteem is your opinion about yourself and your abilities. Your self esteem can be high or low or somewhere in between.
Here are some ways to build your self esteem and make you the best version of yourself.
- WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF?: What you think about yourself goes a long way to determine how you live your life. Every human being is special and unique and it takes only YOU to see that. What you do not see about yourself or think about yourself, no one else will. We are what we think we are. You must see yourself as the best and work towards the best at all times.
- SELF RESPECT: Self respect is a key tool that helps you all round. When you respect yourself, you set standards regarding the way you behave, speak, act, and your attitude towards things. Self respect breeds maturity. When you have self respect, everyone respects you.
- BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE: When you have confidence you can’t be easily intimidated by people no matter what they say to you. Confidence does not mean rudeness. It simply means being bold and standing up for yourself without fear.
- BUILD YOUR DRESS SENSE: It is a popular saying that you dress the way you want to be addressed. Well I’ll say know the appropriate dress code for any kind of occasion and dress smart at all times. A good dress sense will boost your confidence.
Note: Your self-esteem doesn’t have to depend on your expensive clothes but rather, get the best out of your little and just keep it simple and ‘NEAT’. There are lots of people with very expensive wears and still have low self esteem..
- APPRECIATE YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES: You don’t have to wait to be appreciated by the whole world or by the one you love. You have the obligation of appreciating yourself always and being thankful to your creator for such a wonderful work.
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF: Challenge yourself to do more, learn more and be the best at everything you do. An idle hand they say is the Devil’s workshop. Occupying yourself with jobs, activites and people that add to your knowledge is the method of learning. Challenge yourself to do more and know more.
- SELF MOTIVATION: You motivate yourself when you determine to do more or achieve more. With determination comes focus and the passion to do more and do better.
- LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES: Mistakes are a part of life’s journey and we are meant to learn from them rather than over flog ourselves for them or use our mistakes as yardstick to measure our present and future. Learn from your past mistakes, try to be better and let go of them.
We can go on and on with this list but here’s a little secret, “this list is useless if you don’t believe in yourself or try to build yourself”.
So what would it be? “Useful or useless
Remember you are what you think you are and what you believe you are. Build your self esteem today and be the best version of yourself.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ARTICLE?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO READ MORE ARTICLES?
DID YOU GAIN ANYTHING FROM THIS ARTICLE?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Ebimoboere Igbadiwei – PARENT AND CHILD RELATIONSHIP