Suicide bombing kills dozens in Syria

Oladimeji Olaoluwa
1 Min Read

Syrians gather after a suicide bombing Wednesday in Qamishli. More than 40 people were killed.

A suicide bombing killed 48 people, including women and children, Wednesday in northern Syria, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

A truck bomb exploded near buildings belonging to a Kurdish security agency and other governmental departments in the city of Qamishli near the border with Turkey, CNN’s Nick Paton Walsh reported. The observatory said 140 people also were hurt.
ISIS claimed responsibility and said in a statement that one of its members drove a truck rigged with explosives to reach the Kurdish administrative complex where defense, interior and military recruiting departments operated.
ISIS said the suicide operation was a “response to the crimes committed by the coalition warplanes against the vulnerable people of men, women, and children in Manbij City.”
Human rights groups said last week that U.S.-led airstrikes in and around the ISIS-controlled city of Manbij have killed more than 100 and wounded dozens more since June.
Video from Qamishli showed residents digging through rubble searching for survivors and women wailing from apartments where the blast had blown off front walls.
Share This Article
Jeje is the CEO jejeupdates.com.. His passion for movies and news led to the creation of this website.. You can reach him anytime via whatssapp on +2348118596162 for advert, enquiries..
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *