German police detain fugitive terror suspect

Oladimeji Olaoluwa
1 Min Read
Pictures of a person believed to be Jaber al-Bakr released by German police

German police say they have captured a suspect believed to be planning a bomb attack.

“Tired but overjoyed: we captured the terror suspect last night in Leipzig,” the police said in a tweet.

The police had been looking for the suspect, Syrian refugee Jaber al-Bakr, after raiding a flat in the nearby city of Chemnitz on Saturday.

Several hundred grams of “highly volatile” explosives were found at the property, investigators said.

A remote-controlled robot for bombing disarming is on a track of the main station of the town of Chemnitz, eastern Germany on October 8, 2016
A robot capable of disarming bombs has been deployed at Chemnitz railway station

About 100 people were evacuated from the block of flats as the explosives were moved for a controlled detonation.

Two people in contact with Mr al-Bakr were then detained at Chemnitz railway station and another person was held near the flat in the Fritz-Heckert neighbourhood.

Saxony police later released pictures of Damascus-born Mr al-Bakr wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Share This Article
Jeje is the CEO jejeupdates.com.. His passion for movies and news led to the creation of this website.. You can reach him anytime via whatssapp on +2348118596162 for advert, enquiries..
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *